If you wish to attend the archery service will start at 10am with bacon butties from 9:30!
Otherwise come to the chancel from 11am with last registration at 3pm.
Come to St Margaret’s Church.
- You go to the chancel to register.
- The fee will be £10 to get your scorecard. (£30 for 2 adults and 2 children family ticket)
- When you have your scorecard you will go through to the Archery butts field
In the archery butts
- You go through to the Archery tent in the butts field.
- You will be given your bow and your bow will be strung – bows , arm and finger protectors provided, though you can bring your own
- You then progress to the practice butts.
- A bell will sound for a 10 second warning
- A bell will sound twice to start shooting your arrows.
- Arrows will be at each stand and you will have a colour (red, blue, yellow, green)
- You will have 4 minutes to shoot 5 arrows.
- A horn will mean that you MUST stop shooting.
- Your arrows will be scored and the top three will be counted for the competition
- You will progress through 5 stands.
- You will go through the Archery tent and hand back your bow.
- Your score will be added to the leader board and your scorecard validated by the vicar with a wax seal!
There will be a hog roast in the churchyard and cream teas in the church. You are welcome to bring a picnic.